Viraj J. MehtaM.D., M.B.A. Request An Appointment
- Reconstructive Surgery
Born and raised in Cincinnati, OH, Dr. Viraj J. Mehta is an Oculofacial Plastics and Orbit expert. He attended Cornell University for undergraduate and business school. He went on to complete his medical education and training at top institutions across the country, including Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, and Mayo Clinic.
Dr. Mehta’s expertise and passion is in the eyelids, face, and orbits. He performs numerous cosmetic and reconstructive surgeries, including blepharoplasty, droopy lid (ptosis) repair, brow lift, mini-facelift, and much more. Dr. Mehta also provides a full range of non-surgical procedures, such as neuromodulators (ex. Botox) and filler (ex. Restylane) injections, to help his patients feel and look refreshed.
Dr. Mehta takes the time to listen to his patients’ unique needs and expectations. His primary goal is to collaborate and work with his patients to improve their features, enhance their natural beauty, and achieve a refreshed look.
Education is also a cornerstone of Dr. Mehta’s practice. Not only does he spend the time his patients need to understand all of their options, Dr. Mehta is also clinical faculty at Georgetown University, where he mentors and trains future physicians. He has written extensively in peer-reviewed journals and textbook chapters in addition to giving talks at various conferences around the country.
- Mayo Clinic/University of Minnesota, ASOPRS Oculofacial, Reconstructive, Orbital Surgery Fellow, Instructor of Ophthalmology- Mayo Clinic, University of Minnesota, ABO Board Certified, extensive training in functional and orbital surgery, as well as cosmetic procedures, including injectables, endoscopic techniques, and surgery
- Vanderbilt University, Vanderbilt Medical Center, Nashville, TN, Ophthalmology Resident, Dept. of Ophthalmology, Board Member, TN Academy of Ophthalmology Board of Directors, Resident Leadership Award, Advocacy Ambassador, AAO Mid-Year Forum
- Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY, Transitional Year Resident (PGY1), Dept. of Medicine, Ethics Committee Member
- Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, Johnson Graduate School of Management, MBA, Arthur Snyder Family Fellowship, Johnson Leadership Fellow
- Case Western University, Cleveland, OH, School of Medicine, MD, AOA Honor Society, Crile Summer Research Fellowship, Honors in all Core Clinical Rotations
- Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, BA in Biological Sciences, Dean’s List, Academic Integrity Hearing Board
PUBLICATIONS, PRESENTATIONS, BOOK CHAPTERS
Since 2008, Dr. Mehta has authored numerous articles in ophthalmic professional publications and has given several presentations to professional associations.
- Provided volunteer services in Nashville, TN, Cleveland, OH, Ithaca, NY
- Multiple volunteer trips: Ayacucho, Peru; Salvador, Brazil; Lima, Peru, Quito, Ecuador
- Tennessee Academy of Ophthalmology, Board Member, Resident Representative
- Case for Sight, Cleveland, OH, Advisor, Medical School Liaison
- Big Red Venture Fund, Ithaca, NY, Health Care Advisor
- American Medical Students Association, Cleveland, OH, Health Political Action Committee, CWRU School of Medicine Chapter
- CWRU School of Medicine, Admissions Committee Cleveland, OH, Student Interviewer
- The Triple Helix, Inc., Ithaca, NY, President, Cornell University Chapter
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Vanderbilt Eye Institute Resident Leadership Award 2017
- TN Academy of Ophthalmology, Board Member, Resident Representative 2015-2017
- AAO Advocacy Ambassador 2015
- MSKCC Ethics Committee Member 2014
- Alpha Omega Alpha (AOA) Honor Medical Society 2013
- Johnson Leadership Fellow – SC Johnson Graduate School of Management at Cornell Univ. 2013
- Crile Summer Research Fellowship 2009
- Academic Integrity Hearing Board – Cornell University College of Arts & Sciences 2007 – 2008
- American Heart Association Summer Student Fellowship 2007
- The National Dean’s List 2006 – 2008
- Dean’s List – Cornell University College of Arts and Sciences 2004, 2006