Neil F. MartinM.D., F.A.C.S. Request An Appointment
- Lasik Surgery
- Lens Enhancement
Specialty: Cataract, lens enhancement and LASIK surgeries
Dr. Martin is a specialist in cataract, lens enhancement surgery (L.En.S.) and LASIK surgeries. He has performed thousands of refractive procedures including L.En.S., LASIK, PRK and incisional surgeries. He is a certified diplomat of the American Board of Ophthalmology.
Dr. Martin is the first Washington DC area surgeon to offer all three lens implants to provide near, far and intermediate vision without glasses. He was also one of the first Washington area ophthalmologists to become involved in the care of laser vision correction patients in 1990.
He is one of the few surgeons certified and using all three presbyopic lens implants:
Because of his extensive knowledge of laser and presbyopic lens and cataract surgery, Dr. Martin has lectured, written articles, and appeared on TV. He has been interviewed by Washingtonian Magazine, The Washington Post, Consumers Digest, The Gazette, The Associated Press, Men’s Fitness, Parade Magazine, Business Week, American Health for Women, P.O.V., Prevention Magazine, NBC 4 News, Channel 9-CBS News, the TVMD PBS series and other radio, television and print media throughout the U.S.
Dr. Martin pursued research on refractive uses of lasers and laser safety at the NIH in the 1980s. Dr. Martin holds 10 patents for innovations in drugs and medical devices. He also lectures extensively and has authored dozens of scientific papers, book chapters, and monographs.
- Johns Hopkins Hospital, The Wilmer Institute, Baltimore, Md., cornea subspecialty fellowship
- University of Florida, Gainesville, Fla., chief resident and resident in ophthalmology
- The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Md., doctor of medicine
- Harvard College, Cambridge, Mass., B.A. magna cum laude
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- Washington Hospital Center, Washington, D.C., cornea service and senior attending surgeon
- Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, D.C., clinical assistant professor of ophthalmology
- American Academy of Ophthalmology, fellow
- American Academy of Ophthalmology, Refractive Surgery Interest Group, member
- Washington Academy of Ophthalmology (an honorary society), member
- American College of Surgeons, fellow
- Washingtonian Magazine: Best Doctors – Laser Vision Correction, Cataract Surgery
- The Washington Consumer Checkbook: Best Physician Specialists
- Washingtonian Magazine: Top LASIK Surgeons