Lindsay DawsonM.D. Request An Appointment
Dr. Dawson is a fellowship-trained cataract and glaucoma surgeon. She provides general ophthalmic care with a focus on the diagnosis, medical and surgical management of glaucoma. She performs many of the latest minimally invasive glaucoma surgeries (MIGS), while also offering traditional surgeries and laser treatment. She also performs cataract surgery, utilizing advanced technologies such as the femtosecond laser and premium intraocular lenses, when appropriate, to help manage astigmatism and presbyopia.
Dr. Dawson was born and raised in New York. She received her Bachelor of Science degree from Lehigh University in Bethlehem, PA, where she was inducted into the Phi Beta Kappa Society. She then went on to complete her medical degree at the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine. She remained in Philadelphia for her ophthalmology residency at the Scheie Eye Institute of the University of Pennsylvania. She completed her training with a one-year glaucoma fellowship at the Duke Eye Center.
She is a member of the American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO), the National Medical Association (NMA), the American Glaucoma Society (AGS), and the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery (ASCRS).
Outside of work, Dr. Dawson enjoys spending time with her family and friends. She also enjoys being outdoors, cycling, baking, and DIY projects. She is excited to explore the DMV area.
- Undergraduate: Lehigh University, Bethlehem, PA, B.S. in Behavioral Neuroscience Summa Cum Laude
- Medical School: University of Pennsylvania Perelman School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
- Internal Medicine Internship: Pennsylvania Hospital, Philadelphia, PA
- Ophthalmology Residency:Scheie Eye Institute, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
- Glaucoma Fellowship: Duke Eye Center, Durham, NC