Arthur L. SchwartzM.D. Request An Appointment
Specialty: Glaucoma and cataracts
Dr. Schwartz is a nationally recognized specialist in glaucoma and cataracts. He is certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology and has pioneered the use of laser technology in the treatment of glaucoma.
Dr. Schwartz’s peers selected him as one of only 69 glaucoma specialists nationwide to be included in the original publication “Best Doctors in America.” Dr. Schwartz lectures, teaches, and has served as a principal investigator for two glaucoma research studies sponsored by the National Institutes of Health.
He worked as an investigator for the government-sponsored RIGOR glaucoma study and enjoys treating patients with coexisting cataracts and glaucoma.
- Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, Miami, Fla.
- National Institutes of Health, Special Fellowship in Glaucoma
- Mount Sinai Medical School, New York City, N.Y., Ophthalmology Residency, Chief Resident
- Albert Einstein College of Medicine, New York City, N.Y., M.D.
- Columbia College, New York City, N.Y., B.A.
Academic Appointments and Affiliations
- Georgetown University Medical Center, Clinical Associate Professor
- Washington Hospital Center, Glaucoma Review Board, Chairman
- Washington Hospital Center, Glaucoma Service, Director
- American Academy of Ophthalmology, Fellow
- American Glaucoma Society, Charter Member
- Washington Academy of Ophthalmology, President
- Alpha Omega Alpha
- Honors Award American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Prevention of Blindness Society Professional Service Award
- Washingtonian Magazine Top Doctors